Saturday, May 30, 2009

If It Matters Here, It Must Matter There!


May 25, 2009

I still haven’t figured this one out very well, but somehow I believe there is truth here.

I dreamed last night about our stewardship in all areas of life, and how it will count in our heavenly lives. Mind you, this is the one area in my faith that just makes me cringe...I feel like I am always struggling to be a good steward of my finances, my body, the environment, etc. I know it's all about discipline, but ... well, a girl has just GOT to have some fun, sometimes! Doesn't she?

In the first scene of the dream, I remember being asked to open my hand and show the coins I had brought with me to heaven (all coins…there was no paper money in heaven…maybe that’s a lesson in wise investing! :) ) It seemed like God wanted to see how we had managed our money, and that somehow what we were holding tightly in the palm of our hands as we entered heaven would be an indicator of our earthly financial stewardship. (What will happen if I open my hand to reveal a charge card, I wonder??????)

Then I was paired off with my little sister. We were told to go into a curtained area and inspect each other's physical beings for disease or brokenness or imperfection. We were then to give an account of our findings, as an indicator of our stewardship of our bodies while on earth. My sister passed with flying colors – her physical being was not only perfect and flawless, but she was also bejeweled! She had received a jade implanted on the back of her shoulder blade as she entered heaven. Cool! She would have inspected me next but I woke up. (Pshew – time to redeem myself and start that diet I’ve been avoiding!)

That’s all I remember of the dream sequence; but the pivotal thing that stuck in my mind was the theme of how our stewardship over all things in life will have heavenly ramifications that we will have to answer to when we get there. Secondarily, I sensed that we would also be called to be stewards in heaven, and that the lessons learned, or not learned, on earth will directly impact our assignments as stewards over things in heaven…but what things? To be continued, perhaps, in another dream?…

0 comments: